Thank you for your interest in joining Skyline Lacrosse Club! Skyline prides itself on being one of the premier youth lacrosse clubs in Northern California. One of the longest established youth lacrosse clubs in the area, Skyline offers lacrosse to boys and girls in 1st to 8th grades in the Oakland/Piedmont, CA area throughout the year. We are excited to welcome your child and family to our program and help foster a love of lacrosse. We offer developmental instruction and competitive teams. Beginners are welcome in all age groups!
Spring is our primary season.
- We offer teams based on age/skill.
- Registration is open from October through December.
- The season begins in mid-January, ending in mid-May.
- Practices are held 1-3 times per week with games on the weekends throughout the Bay Area.
- We compete in the Northern California Junior Lacrosse Association (NCJLA) League, playing teams from Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Clara counties.
- Due to the field assignment process, exact practice dates/times will be available in late December. Game dates/times will be available in late January.
During the summer and fall, we typically host clinics to introduce the sport and build skills.
*USA Lacrosse membership is required to participate in any lacrosse programs.*
Skyline does its best to accommodate as many kids as possible on its spring teams. We do this on a first come, first served basis, opening registration to our current Skyline families first. Demand often exceeds the number of spots available. So in those cases, a waitlist is implemented, and players remain on the waitlist until a spot opens up. We hold evaluations to ensure proper team placement.
Coaches take into account a variety of factors when selecting a team including, but not limited to, coachability, lacrosse IQ, attitude, athleticism, past commitment to Skyline, position, and ability to commit to the team.
Skyline collects payment at the time of registration, but if we are unable to field a team for your child's age group, you will receive a full refund. Please see our Refunds page for additional information.
Cost should not prevent any child from participating in lacrosse, so Skyline offers partial scholarships for those who need assistance with club fees. We will make our best effort to offer financial assistance to players in need and have set aside funds for that purpose. Requests may be directed in confidence via email to our Club Admin.