Hello Skyline Girls U14 families!
Practice starts tomorrow, Monday, 1/27! Most everyone knows the drill, but a few reminders and changes for this year:
- Practices are set for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 4:00 - 5:30. The coaches will be splitting up our time, so there are at least two of us at every practice. Parents, if you'd like to help out at practices, we would love to have you! Players should attend all practices. We will be focusing more on team plays this year, so practice time is critical. If your daughter has special circumstances or conflicts, please talk to me or one of the other coaches.
- Please be sure players arrive at practice on time, with all their gear, ready to play. As 7th and 8th graders, they should be responsible for remembering to bring their stick, goggles, mouthguard, cleats, water, hair ties, etc. Pro tip: keep a single lacrosse bag, and have your daughter make a checklist.
- Please stress to your lacrosse player that they need to eat a light snack between school and practice, and that they need to bring an extra warm layer. They may not feel cold right after school, but as soon as the sun starts to go down, it is freezing at Merritt College!
- Please pick up on time. The coaches have other siblings to pick up, and can't wait around at Merritt if you are late. Under no circumstances can we leave a player alone at the field, even for a few minutes, so if you are unexpectedly delayed, please coordinate with another parent to pick your child up or wait at the field with her.
- Our game schedule is not yet final, but it should show up on the website in the next week or so.
- The weather looks good this week, but if we need to cancel practice due to weather, we will send an email before 2:00 pm, so watch your emails on rainy days.
Let me know if you have any questions, looking forward to a great season!